If while transferring data using your pendrive you get an error like Disk is Write Protected then neither you can send data into it nor copy any data from the pen drive to your PC. By using this trick you can easily remove this error from your Pen Drive.Perform it carefully as it requires editing of registry code.
Trick to Remove Write Protection Error in USB Pen Drive:-
- Open Run Dialog box by Pressing Window+R.
- Type Regedit and Press Enter.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrrentControlSet\Control and look for StorageDevicePolicies.
- If you cannot find StorageDevicePolicies there then do create this file first.(Look at the end of this article for instructions )
- Now you will see WriteProtect in your right window pane, double click on it.
- In the Value Data field change the value to 0(zero).
- Now restart your system and then use your pen drive.
Method to Create StorageDevicePolicies File:-
- Click Start, type regedit.exe and hit ENTER.
- Navigate to the following location:
- Right-click Control and select New and Key.
- Name it as StorageDevicePolicies and Right click on it
- Select New > DWORD and name it as WriteProtect.
- Double click on it and set its value to 0 (zero).
- Restart your system and this would Disable write protect on USB.