Apple released iOS 6 September 19th for iPod Touch 4th Gen, iPhone 3GS (and up), as well as iPad 2/iPad 3, with some fantastic new features.
But is it worth the upgrade?
Let’s go through a short list of some of the biggest changes to iOS in version 6.
- Do Not Disturb & Call Response Messages (Send text reply to calls you can’t take)
- VIP E-mail Box (E-mail from people you list as VIPs goes into a special e-mail box)
- Inserting Pictures/Video Into E-mail
- Turn-by-Turn Directions with new Apple Maps App
- Facebook Integration into all areas of iOS
- Siri Improvements (Scores, Movie Times, Resturant Reservations)
- General Speed Improvements/Optimizations – Much quicker browsing/e-mail responses
- Easy Panorama Mode – Take 270 degree panoramas by turning your phone
- Shared Photo Streams
- PassBook Electronic Gift Cards/Membership Cards/Tickets
- Over 200 improvements in total.
So is it worth the upgrade? I’ve only been playing with the official release for a few days – and some features I’m completely in love with, but that’s not to say it’s all sunshine and roses.
In Love With:
New Maps & Turn by Turn Navigation